Learn how to sell, deliver and process global trade finance solutions with our advanced, professional certificate.
Why take this certificate:
Internationally recognised qualification:
The CTFP is an ICC, industry-leading trade finance qualification, accredited by the London Institute of Banking and Finance as well as the Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore.
Expand your career options:
Qualify yourself for senior trade finance positions at leading banks and financial institutions where the CTFP is often a pre-requisite for the job
Save USD $500!
The CTFP programme includes 9 online courses and a final exam, with topics including guarantees, supply chain finance, digital trade finance and more. Purchased separately, the courses and exam would cost a total of USD $2000. So our price of USD $1499 saves you $500.
Be more confident with clients:
100% of CTFP graduates said they felt more confident at work after completing the course. Use your new expertise to educate your colleagues and propose solutions to your clients
50+ hours of online learning:
The CTFP includes more than 50 hours of online learning over 9 courses, more than 35 lessons, 16 case studies and the final exam – all taken online. You will get access to the courses for 12 months and can repeat them as much as you like in that period.
All our courses are 100% online meaning they can be taken at any time of day, from anywhere in the world. Learn at your own pace
These Companies Use CTFP To Train Their Staff
The Certified Trade Finance Professional (CTFP) is our advanced, professional trade finance qualification that will give students an in-depth knowledge of the various trade finance products. Unlike other trade finance qualifications, the CTFP does not just focus on one trade finance product or solution, such as documentary credits or guarantees.
The industry-validated syllabus was developed by a group of 13 leading trade finance experts drawn from ICC’s Banking Commission. To take the final exam and earn the CTFP qualification you must complete 9 online courses from the CTFP curriculum.
The curriculum is split between 5 core courses, that everyone must complete, and 6 elective courses of which you must choose 4 (5 core courses + 4 elective course = 9 courses in total). You will be able to select your elective courses once you have purchased the CTFP and logged in to your account. You can see the full list of courses below.
Once you pass, the CTFP certificate is valid for three years. Details about recertification can be found here.
WHAT STUDENTS HAVE SAID ABOUT THE CTFP
“The CTFP course has boosted my career prospects. Apart from earning a promotion late last year, I now possess the knowledge and expertise required to function effectively in all the key aspects of the trade finance business (operations, product development and sales). This has renewed opportunities for progression in my career. All these would not be possible without my exposure to the CTFP course.”
Access Bank, Nigeria
“I have noticed that the head hunter and people active in trade finance sector are more interested in my profile and I hope it can help me to grow up with a promotion or with a new role.”
BNP Paribas, Italy
“The core topics covered in CTFP were very relevant to my job scope in Transaction Banking sales and allowed me to be more confident when discussing these topics.”
“Having completed the CTFP programme, I can now easily negotiate/facilitate any sorts of transactions clients propose.”
Southeast Bank, Bangladesh
“Banks’ involvement in International trade is quite different in the Pacific (Fiji) compared to my past experience in Sri Lanka. Introducing trade products to the bank staff as well as the customers continue to be a challenge. I needed to place my exposure in various areas of trade operations in context in a structured manner to be able to share knowledge. This course has provided that platform for me.”
HFC Bank, Fiji
“When you talk to people, and people see your credentials when you go out for conversations, the CTFP from the ICC certainly helps. They recognise that you know your stuff and understand trade finance. The ICC brings with it its own brand which is very easily recognised.”
- This course will build on the basic understanding of the Asset Conversion Cycle (ACC)
- Get detailed explanations of the cash flow and working capital cycle of commercial companies of all sizes
- Gain a basic understanding of the terminology that is widely used to describe the meaning and functions of working capital
- A detailed review of documentary credits (letter of credit), from structuring and issuance to document verification to financing and settlement
- Gain a solid, practical understanding of the transaction lifecycle of a documentary credit
- You can find details of all our documentary letter of credit courses here
- Learn more about the issuance of guarantees, the use of counter guarantees and more complex transactions
- Take a closer look at the global standards, legal framework, and the proper application of guarantees from all sides.
- Learn the key role export credits and official export credit agencies play in international sales and its financing, particularly in developing nations
- Discover the associated risks, and the pros and cons for exporters, importers and lenders
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the key events in the physical supply chain, the parties involved in these events and their financial consequences
- Competently analyse financial consequences in terms of risk, funding, liquidity, payment flows and the needs of both finance provider and their client
- Explore the unmet and latent corporate needs not currently addressed by the supply chain finance product set and the principle innovations in discussion amongst banks, non-bank financiers and technology service providers
- Get to grips with the digital trade ecosystem including the advent of fintechs, the legal, regulatory and commercialisation challenges involved and the broad range of trends and solutions that are available to support international trade
- The course covers risk mitigation in the open account space, the digitisation of the financial supply chain and emerging technologies in digital trade finance
- Take an in-depth look at how standby letters of credit work, the purposes for which they can be used and the rules and regulations governing them
- Learn the importance of wording standby letters of credit properly and how to protect against problems
- You can find details of all our documentary letter of credit courses here
- Understand how to align the organization of your sales team and staffing model to your bank’s business strategy, target customer markets and sales coverage process.
- Learn best practice in trade finance revenue attribution and the complexities of measuring sales performance and customer revenue contribution
- Learn how to establish a sales process and develop metrics and objectives consistent with your desired business results
- Learn a bank manager’s role and responsibilities in handling trade finance products and a bank’s key functions in managing trade products on an on-going basis
- Learn the working model trade product managers should use to enhance and/or develop trade product
- Discover management philosophies to build a trade product management team
- This course will provide intermediate level bank officers with an overview of the key responsibilities of trade Operations management
- Learn the range of skills required for long term success in the position, including production management and process management
- Commodity trade represents around 25% of world trade – this course will teach students the three types of commodities, their features and their respective risks
- Discover how the major players and trading houses in this sector are shaping supply chains
- Look at the function of commodities trading from a banker’s perspective and the various tools and documents required
- Live proctored via the internet
- The passing grade is 70% minimum. Upon passing the examination, learners will be issued an accredited certificate for the program
- You can then use the “CTFP” designation
- The CTFP is our advanced trade finance certification and is valid for three years from date you pass the exam
- To re-certify you must earn 24 credits before the three year expiration date
- Credits can be earned by completing other ICC Academy courses or attending ICC Academy events
WHO is THIS Certificate FOR?
- Banks (Front Office)
- Confidently explain the importance of trade finance solutions and the structures that govern them – including bank guarantees, supply chain finance, standby letters of credit and more
- Understand the critical role of the trade finance sales person within the banking organization and how it is defined by the institution’s strategy and sales approach with our advanced trade finance certification
- Get to grips with the fintech ecosystem and develop an enhanced awareness of the potential impact of new technologies such as blockchain and alternative finance providers
- Develop a balanced view of the effectiveness, scope, and scalability of current supply chain finance products and how to identify the right solution for your clients
- Banks (Back Office)
- Understand when to use UCP600, when to use ISP98, and when to use URDG758 in trade finance transactions
- Review a trade scenario and draft a standby letter of credit that will fit the needs of the applicant and beneficiary using clear language that avoids problems
- Our advanced trade finance certification will teach you how to explain the key elements that need to be included in every standby as well as elements that should be rejected
- Learn the commonly used terminologies to define, calculate and measure working capital and the cash conversion cycle, including what the ratios mean and how they can be influenced
- Explore the different forms of export credits and the international framework which applies to them (OECD – WTO) as well as the different stakeholders that are implied
- Identify the main participants and key events in the physical supply chain and develop an understanding of the financial consequences of these events
- Understand the different open account supply chain finance products and their applicability to different client needs across the supply chain with our advanced trade finance certification
- Trade Sales / Product Managers
- Our advanced trade finance certificate will show you how to control risk and fraud while complying with the growing regulatory requirements associated with international trade
- Learn the two major process management techniques, Six Sigma and LEAN, and their application in banking as a method of controlling distributed workflows
- Define the factors that determine the composition of a successful trade finance sales team and the requirements for the roles and responsibilities of the team members
- Our advanced trade finance certification will help you confidently articulate an effective approach to sales planning and budgeting and the importance of alignment with bankers
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS Certificate
Students also bought
Global Trade Certificate (GTC)