WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The Incoterms® 2020 Certificate walks you through each of the Incoterms® rules and its corresponding obligations one by one, using videos, graphics, assessment questions and case studies. It will benefit corporate professionals involved in trade and international business transactions, trade and logistics professionals and those working in legal and regulatory affairs.
The certification includes access to 7 online, interactive lessons and the final exam, also taken online. Total learning time is approximately 4-5 hours and the course is available in English or Spanish.
By the end of the lesson you will:
- Know the specific changes included in the 2020 edition and clearly understand the differences to the 2010 edition. All the major changes are clearly explained, one by one.
- Understand the duties owed by sellers and buyers, including the risks/costs involved and how these are split between ‘A’ and ‘B’ articles.
- Know how to properly add an Incoterms® rule to a sales contract.
Professor Charles Debattista - Special Adviser to the ICC Incoterms® 2020 Drafting Group
Professor Debattista practises in international trade and shipping law at the English Bar and was Chair and Co-Chair of the Drafting Groups for Incoterms® 2000 and 2010. He was a professor of Commercial Law and Director of of the Institute of Maritime Law for more than three decades. He has had extensive experience in charterparty work, bills of lading, CIF and FOB disputes, letters of credit, ship management issues and general commercial contract disputes.
MEET OUR INCOTERMS® 2020 CERTIFICATE ALUMNI
Trade Specialist, India
"The Incoterms® 2020 qualification gives me an edge. Getting training directly from the 'horse's mouth' is more valuable to me - and other people looking to work with me - than having my knowledge certified by a third party who has not created the Incoterms® rules."
Export Advisor, Canada
"I feel like the champion of the rules within my organisation and the go-to person when it comes to Incoterms 2020. It feels good to be able to provide a level of authority and advice that others can’t and I regularly encourage others to take the training so they can become the same person within their organisation."
Trade Compliance Officer, South Africa
"My colleagues will often ask me questions like: ‘Is this the right Incoterms rule to be using?’. Taking the Incoterms® 2020 Certificate ensured that I could provide them with the correct information and that I felt comfortable explaining it to them in simple terms."
Director of Trade and Development, USA
"I got one of my staff to take the course who comes from a corporate background and they went from zero to competent in a very short space of time. It benefited him tremendously"
Bonnie M. Kersch
Senior Trade Advisor, USA
"I really wanted something to say ‘Hey I really know the Incoterms rules and let me prove it to you. Look I got this certification’. Essentially I wanted the ICC brand and reputation to back up my credentials."
Amin A. Ahmed
Customs/Transport Officer, Saudi Arabia
"Anyone in international logistics should master the Incoterms® rules and this certificate is a must. I got congratulated by the Head of Customs and Transport in my company. The management really appreciated what I was doing and the training was very valuable to the company. They were really happy."
OUR LATEST GRADUATES
Elena Marban Campos
GET STARTED NOW
Incoterms® 2020 Certificate (English)
- 12-months access to 7 interactive lessons
- 60-minute final exam
- 4-5 hours of total learning
- Sample documents and assessment questions to embed your learning
- Comparison matrix tool: compare obligations for each rule side-by-side
- Online and interactive - learn at your own pace
- Downloadable study guide for offline reference
Incoterms® 2020 Certificate Bundle (English)
- All features of the Incoterms® 2020 Certificate, plus...
- The official ICC Incoterms® 2020 digital publication (English only)