Purpose of this Certificate
The Common Reporting Standard (CRS) is an internationally agreed standard for the automatic exchange of information (AEOI) on financial accounts. Its goal is to increase the fiscal transparency of cross-border wealth management and combat offshore tax evasion. 109 jurisdictions have exchanged information under the CRS as of 2020.
Designed for front office, compliance, operations and tax professionals, this online certification aims to provide an understanding of the key requirements and intentions of the CRS regime, and how to incorporate them as part of a strategic compliance operating model. This will help practitioners navigate common issues when onboarding accounts or reviewing changes in circumstances, and better prepare for the reporting exercises and audits.
Who is the ICC Academy?
Common problems with CRS that this course helps to solve
Do any of the problems below sound familiar to you? The CCRS course will help you and your tackle them more effectively.
Certificate Structure & Curriculum
This certificate is split into 6 lessons and a final exam, all taken online. All of the lessons tackle a key problem or difficulty in implementing the Common Reporting Standard regime and have been developed in partnership with Regnology, experts in regulatory reporting. You can find outlines for all of the lessons below.
Depending on your level of experience, the CCRS will take approximately 4-5 hours to complete. You will have access to the lessons for 6 months.
- The final exam can be taken at any time before the expiry of the account (you get access for 6 months) and after you have completed the 6 lessons.
- The exam consists of multiple choice questions and lasts for 60 minutes.
- To ensure the integrity of your result the exam is live proctored via the internet. The only requirement is a steady internet connection.
- The passing grade is 70%. Upon passing the examination, learners will be issued a downloadable, accredited certificate, signed by the ICC Secretary General
- You can then use the “CCRS” designation and join our alumni community
- The programme allows one attempt at the exam. If required, a retake can be purchased for USD $60 (before the expiry of your account) by contacting our Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCRS for Individuals
- 6 months access to all 6 lessons. Repeat them as many times as you want.
- Online, interactive learning with quiz questions, 8 case studies and challenge activities.
- Downloadable study guide for offline reference.
- 60-minute final exam.
- Recognised under IBF's Financial Training Scheme in Singapore.
CCRS for Teams
- All features of individual purchases, plus....
- Dedicated service manager
- Customised integrated programme
- Personalised management dashboard for tracking candidate progress
- Post programme review
Regnology is a leading international provider of innovative regulatory, risk, and supervisory technology solutions (RegTech, RiskTech, and SupTech), of AEOI and tax reporting products, as well as of services along the Regulatory Value Chain for financial services. Regnology has been a partner for banks and regulators for 25 years. Until the end of 2020, the company was part of BearingPoint group and operated under the name BearingPoint RegTech. Since the sale of the RegTech business to private equity firm Nordic Capital, the company has been independent. In June 2021, the company joined forces with Vizor Software and recently changed its name to Regnology. In total, Regnology serves more than 7,000 financial services firms with reporting solutions. At the same time, the company enables more than 50 regulators and tax authorities on five continents to collect data from 34,000 firms in 60 countries.