Purpose of this Certificate
The Common Reporting Standard (CRS) is an internationally agreed standard for the automatic exchange of information (AEOI) on financial accounts. Its goal is to increase the fiscal transparency of cross-border wealth management and combat offshore tax evasion. 109 jurisdictions have exchanged information under the CRS as of 2020.
Designed for front office, compliance, operations and tax professionals, this online certification aims to provide an understanding of the key requirements and intentions of the CRS regime, and how to incorporate them as part of a strategic compliance operating model. This will help practitioners navigate common issues when onboarding accounts or reviewing changes in circumstances, and better prepare for the reporting exercises and audits.
Who is the ICC Academy?
Common problems with CRS that this course helps to solve
Do any of the problems below sound familiar to you? The CCRS course will help you and your tackle them more effectively.
Certificate Structure & Curriculum
This certificate is split into 6 lessons and a final exam, all taken online. All of the lessons tackle a key problem or difficulty in implementing the Common Reporting Standard regime and have been developed in partnership with BearingPoint RegTech, experts in regulatory reporting. You can find outlines for all of the lessons below.
Depending on your level of experience, the CCRS will take approximately 4-5 hours to complete. You will have access to the lessons for 6 months.
- The final exam can be taken at any time before the expiry of the account (you get access for 6 months) and after you have completed the 6 lessons.
- The exam consists of multiple choice questions and lasts for 60 minutes.
- To ensure the integrity of your result the exam is live proctored via the internet. The only requirement is a steady internet connection.
- The passing grade is 70%. Upon passing the examination, learners will be issued a downloadable, accredited certificate, signed by the ICC Secretary General
- You can then use the “CCRS” designation and join our alumni community
- The programme allows one attempt at the exam. If required, a retake can be purchased for USD $60 (before the expiry of your account) by contacting our Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCRS for Individuals
- 6 months access to all 6 lessons. Repeat them as many times as you want.
- Online, interactive learning with quiz questions, 8 case studies and challenge activities.
- Downloadable study guide for offline reference.
- 60-minute final exam.
- Recognised under IBF's Financial Training Scheme in Singapore.
CCRS for Teams
- All features of individual purchases, plus....
- Dedicated service manager
- Customised integrated programme
- Personalised management dashboard for tracking candidate progress
- Post programme review
Ronald Frey, Member of the RegTech Management Board, BearingPoint RegTech
Ronald Frey is responsible for the product strategy and management of the Swiss regulatory reporting product FiRE as well as for the tax reporting products EasyTax and FiTAX. He is an expert in tax authority reporting (QI, FATCA and CRS), in tax reporting for individuals (income, wealth and capital gain) and in implementation of BearingPoint RegTech's tax software solutions.