Develop the skills needed to create, design and deliver responsible marketing communications
Why take this certificate:
More effective marketing:
We have modernized the ICC Code so it is applicable for businesses of any size. You will learn to produce transparent, and more effective forms of international advertising
Become a trusted brand:
Build a healthy brand by earning strong consumer trust, confidence and loyalty, all crucial to the long-term strategic growth of any business
Learn from the experts:
This certificate has been developed in partnership with the international business school, INSEAD and is the official academic adaptation of the ICC Marketing and Advertising Code – the industry standard for over 80 years
All our courses and certificates are online meaning they can be taken at any time of day, from anywhere in the world. Fit learning in around your busy workload and learn at your own pace
The ICC Code for Ethical Marketing & Advertising certificate expands on a programme initially developed with the international business school INSEAD. Its purpose is to promote global awareness and use of ICC’s internationally-recognised Marketing and Advertising Codes in a modern format, and is aimed at developing the skills needed to create, design and deliver responsible marketing communications. The programme contains dozens of real-life examples.
This course is available to everyone, free of charge. For professionals wishing to solidify their commitment to the ICC Code and earn an ICC Academy Certificate – we are offering a formal examination for a nominal fee of US$200
- Learn about the basic functions of the ICC and the importance of ethical marketing
- Understand the legacy and relevance of the ICC Code
- Study the scope and base definitions of the ICC Code
- Determine the consequences of unethical marketing practices
- List the different stakeholders related to marketing and advertising communications
- Identify the 3 levels that govern marketing and advertising communication practices
- Recognize when an advert is directly or indirectly misleading
- Using a decision tree, work out when an advert is misleading
- Identify which principles of the ICC Code are violated if an advert is misleading
- Recognize how tailoring of visuals can raise red flags in terms of honesty
- Recognize the principles of ethical marketing related to social norms and behaviour
- Recognize how different approaches could offend prevailing standards of decency
- Learn how marketing and advertising communications should be socially responsible
- Identify how marketing and advertising can influence social norms and behaviour
- Understand the principles of comparisons for ethical marketing and advertising
- Identify the difference between fair/unfair and truthful/untruthful comparison
- Recognize misleading imitation campaigns for similar products or services
- Identify what measures are required to ensure consumer data protection and privacy
- Describe key elements to include for prominent transparent disclosure
- To enhance overall public confidence in marketing communications and to ensure special responsibility regarding children and teens
- Live proctored via the internet
- The passing grade is 70% minimum. Upon passing the examination, learners will be issued an accredited certificate for the programme
Who is this certificate for?
- This course supplements the ICC Code document and offers best practice guidance that can apply across sectors, markets, technologies, platforms and approaches. This helps marketers understand global standards in marketing practice and develop effective and ethical campaigns.
- Learn and understand global standards for advertising and marketing communication. This course also sets out clearly the dos and don’ts for responsible marketing, which can help agencies save their clients time and money building trust while leaving more focus for creativity.
- Learn how the ICC Code represents industry’s proactive approach to rapidly changing developments in marketing technology, tools and techniques.
- Self-regulatory organizations can readily deal with emerging issues, adapt their own codes to changing circumstances, keep their codes aligned with international approaches and essentially protect consumers by ensuring legal, honest, decent and truthful communications.
- Learn the fundamentals of the ICC Code, will have a good understanding of the “rules of the road” no matter where they invest themselves.
- Students will be better equipped to operate ethically and avoid costly mistakes that harm their companies and their careers.