In this podcast episode, we discuss ICC’s recently released whitepaper on ‘Automation of Document Examination under Documentary Credits’. The co-chairs of the committee, Uzair Bawany from Traydstream and Merisa Lee Gimpel from Lloyds Bank talk us through their findings on:
- The potential benefits of automation for financial institutions and corporates
- If machines can check documents as well as an experienced document checker
- The regulatory aspects
In this podcast episode, our guest speaker Henri Arslanian, Crypto Leader and Partner at PwC, answers some critical questions around cryptocurrencies:
- Can cryptocurrencies ever become ‘the currency of choice’ for international trade?
- Will China’s recent ban on cryptocurrency transactions by financial institutions and payment companies have an impact on international trade?
- What should people involved in international trade look out for in today’s ever evolving global market?
In this episode we spoke to Houssam Hoteit, a graduate of our Certified Trade Finance Professional (CTFP) qualification and a Senior Trade Finance Specialist at the Royal Bank of Canada, about his career path so far. Listen now to learn:
- How Houssam went from an internship at E&Y to a trade finance specialist at Canada’s biggest bank
- His advice for those just starting out in trade finance
- The 3 key traits and skills Houssam looks for when hiring other trade finance professionals (clue, it isn’t just understanding the UCP600)
In this podcast episode, our guest speaker Andrea Hauptmann, Senior Global Consultant on Trade Finance at Raiffeisen Bank International and Chair of the ICC Guarantee Task Force talks us through:
- The trade finance landscape (in the backdrop of the pandemic crisis)
- Trends to expect in 2021 and beyond – challenges and solutions.
- Training needs and why keeping up to date with industry validated certifications is crucial now, more than ever.
In this episode, we discuss global sustainability trends in the banking sector including those related to climate change, human rights, and biodiversity. Our special guests include Burcu Senel – Global Head of Propositions, Global Trade and Receivables Finance, HSBC; and Vuong Thanh Long – Executive Vice President, Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV).
In this episode, we discuss how arbitrators should approach requests for interim measures within the arbitral process as well as special considerations to be taken in this unique COVID-19 environment. Our special guests include Eduardo Silva Romero, Partner, Dechert LLP; Sophie Nappert, independent arbitrator in London; and Živa Filipič, Managing Counsel, ICC International Court of Arbitration.
In this episode, we learn from international climate leaders about why climate action is still everyone’s business. Our special guests include Nigel Topping and Gonzalo Munoz, appointed by the UK and Chile to act as official ‘Climate Champions’ for the UN climate talks; Maria Mendiluce, CEO of We Mean Business; and Majda Dabaghi, Director, Inclusive & Green Growth at ICC with a special video message from climate leader Paul Polman.