What is an ICC Academy Scholarship?
A core part of the International Chamber of Commerce’s (ICC) mission is to “make business work for everyone, everywhere”. Although the ICC Academy already has students in over 130 countries around the world, we are aware that there are students and trade professionals in some parts of the world who may not have access to the financial resources to enrol on our certificate programmes. To help those individuals, we offer a limited number of financial scholarships each year. The ICC Academy will provide up to 80% bursary on the cost of our most popular certificate programmes. Please read on to see if you meet the required criteria before making your application.
What certificates are eligible?
The following three online certificates are all eligible for the scholarship programme:
1. Global Trade Certificate (GTC) – our introductory level trade finance certification. This is the best programme for those relatively new to trade finance or without much experience who want to learn the essentials.
2. Certified Trade Finance Professional (CTFP) – our advanced level trade finance qualification will give you the tools needed to sell, deliver, and process trade finance solutions. We recommend you have 5+ years of relevant experience to take this certificate.
3. Export/Import Certificate – this programme is designed for anyone working within export and import that wants a more holistic and ‘big-picture’ knowledge of international trade. You will get a clear understanding of the key techniques required to conduct trade with ease and expertise.
What is the eligibility criteria?
To qualify for an ICC Academy Scholarship you must provide evidence of the following criteria in your application:
1. A sustained interest in the subject matter you want to study. E.g. you already have a career or job in that field or you have completed other studies on the same subject.
2. Evidence of financial difficulty. The ICC Academy Scholarship is open to individuals who earn less than USD $750 per month. We will need your employer to confirm this.
3. Evidence of educational commitment and aptitude. E.g. you have completed other professional courses or qualifications, preferably online, or you have graduated from university or college.
What does ICC Academy need from me?
1. A written and/or video interview about your experiences studying with the ICC Academy. The content of this interview may be shared publicly with the ICC network and will include details of your current job and position.
2. Scholarship students agree to become active members – or ‘ambassadors’ – of the ICC Academy community. This will include participating in LinkedIn groups and helping answer prospective student’s questions over email.
3. Scholarship students should be willing to publicly share details of their career advancement – new jobs, promotions etc – after taking the course with the rest of the ICC community.
How do I apply?
If you are satisfied that you meet our selection criteria outlined above, then the next step is to complete our online application form. After you have submitted the form we will inform you within 14 working days whether your application was successful. Please note, due to the volume of applications we can only respond to successful candidates.