The Global Trade Certificate (GTC) is an introductory-level certificate providing a comprehensive understanding of trade finance products – from letters of credit through to supply chain financing techniques. It’s an ideal programme for professionals wanting to build an understanding of the nuts and bolts of global trade.
To try out our Global Trade Certificate (GTC), simply login or sign up for free here. When you are logged into the system, simply click on “Training Catalogue” and select “GTC Demo”.
Who’s already taking the GTC?
Corporate treasury executives, Legal officers, Compliance officers and Business Development officers.
Banks and other financial institutions
Specialists within the Transaction Banking function, generalists from Relationship Management and Agri-Commodities teams, Legal & Compliance officers, Risk Management officers and other key support staff.
Register & Benefit
Register as a Member and benefit from the membership platform through professional networking, discounts for events and on new products, from the Resource Center
- Complete 6 Core Courses
- And Complete 3 Elective Courses
Pass the Exam
One hour exam is proctored live and is based only on core courses.
Receive the Certificate
Make sure you renew your certificate every 36 months and keep benefiting from the Membership Platform
How it works?
The e-courses are delivered via our Learning Management System (LMS) using innovative tools for combining digital learning with industry-centric community discussions. The courses include videos, animations, case studies, and a self-assessment section and are available to take at any time – anywhere in the world. You can stop and re-start your training at where you left it and analyse your progress as well as the knowledge on separate subjects.
Please note that you need to sign up for free before taking this certification.
All of the online courses for this certificate are available in English.
To obtain the certificate, you must complete the GTC Examination. The 60 minute examination is live proctored via the internet, it is possible to complete the assessment at home while ensuring the integrity of the examination. The pass grade is set at 70%.
Upon passing the examination, learners will be issued an accredited certificate for the program. You can then use the “GTC” designation.
This price includes Premium Membership of the ICC Academy for a 12 month period, access to the 6 core online training courses, all elective courses as well as a one-time attempt at the assessment exam.
Renewal of Certificate
In order to maintain the GTC designation, it is necessary to obtain 20 credits every 36 months.
How to Renew?
To obtain the remaining 20 credits, you can choose from the following elective options which include e-courses or in-person training (ICC Academy accredited events).
Upon completion of the Certificate, you can continue your learning process with the Certified Trade Finance Professional certification – an advanced level certificate providing in-depth knowledge of trade finance products and techniques.
The Academic Committee
The Academic Committee oversees the development of ICC Academy courses.
The current Academic Committee is composed as follows:
- Co-Chair: Alexander Malaket, Representative if the ICC Banking Commission
- Co-Chair: Daniel Kok, Managing Director, ICC Academy
- Members: Marc Auboin, Counsellor in the Economic Research and Statistics Division of the World Trade Organization
- Dani Cotti, Founder & Managing Director of Cotti Trade & Treasury
- Rodrigo Daleffe Aires. Executive Director Trade & International and Agribusiness, Banco Santander Mexico
- Gina Lim, Group Director, Trade Services & Policy at International Enterprise Singapore
- Kah Chye Tan, CEO at Tin Hill Capital
- Rudolf Putz, Head of Trade Facilitation Programme, European Bank of Reconstruction and Development
- Mike Quinn, Managing Director and Global Head of Traditional Trade at JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Dan Taylor, Chief Examiner, ICC Academy